Monday 11 July 2016

Feel Empty After Talking? Stop! 2



The first part of this topic talked about how we should watch our mouths, alongside things that come out of it, and how the Holy Spirit would always nudge us in our spirit when we're about to cross the line. Then that awkward moment comes when we disobey and after having a good laugh for the day, and about to reflect, you feel empty and find it quite difficult to connect with yourself and the Holy Spirit.
I can almost hear someone say 'yes, how did you know that?'  Well, it's because I've been there! I'm human! I've disobeyed, I've talked too much too! And yes! I've blamed it on my temperament! But I wonder why self control is a fruit of the Spirit if we're going to keep giving excuses and blaming our temperament, while we're indirectly saying 'I won't control my mouth!' .

Okay, enough of the blame game.
I also said the last time that I'll share my experience on how I get back on track when I goof. This is however not to say that we should take grace given for granted  (see Galatians 2:20-21) ; subconsciously saying  that 'Well, I'll get back on track!' NO! That time may never come if the trumpet sounds before you repent.... No fears in Christ though!
A dear friend  Mary Scott shared recently that grace was not given to sin, it was given to help us understand that we can live above sin. Grace is the power made available to us overcome sin and its dominion over us as Sons of God.


So, the first thing I do is to talk to the Holy Spirit, and tell Him how I feel, I get real with Him (there's no point hiding anyway) and sincerely apologize and ask for His help to live for Christ every moment of my days; to be more sensitive to His leading.

Second, I ask the Holy Spirit to teach me to listen more. As such, when I have the opportunity to talk, and I get the nudge to keep quite, I JUST SHUT UP! Lol!For that  moment, the temptation goes away,but it doesn't end there. It comes again, and again, and again.until I probably just leave that environment.

I meditate over something I came across that lifted me and drew me closer to God. It births the thought of other scriptures that remind me of who I am in Christ and who Christ is in me.

I follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. I TRY (by His help) not to miss out on His leading and inspirations.
P.S: don't say you're led by the Spirit of God when you don't follow and submit to Him. There's no leadership without follower-ship! Both ships sail together. Get the gist? Romans 8:14.

So, that's my journey o!
Plus, it's good when you understand how God deals with you. Yours might not be exactly like mine, but I trust God that it'll help you get back with Him. He never leaves anyway.

From me to you:  All God requires is obedience; in speech, deed and thought. And let's not make relgion out of this! #DelonixCares


No comments:

Post a Comment